View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 10:09 PM   #23
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

As for those people who say not scoring is tough, and taht 100-0 is an unbelievable blowout, two things:

1) When the other team can hardly handle the ball, and get stripped a lot, then you aren't going to get many shooting fouls and a lot of fast breaks. The result = non-shooting fouls, thus no free throws, thus no score for the bad team. It also equals a lot of easy layups.

2) Height advantage can mean everything. I'm better the bad school was very small, or at least small compared to their opponent. At that level, even a half foot advantage is a huge advantage. Reboards often result from height, not position. Blocks are easy when you have height, especially at that level. Passes are a lot safer, just through at the hands above everyone else. Post ups are incredibly effective.

Trust me, I know. I've seen a couple games were our girls varsity has just demolished other teams. I believe all the factors lined up: it was a short team (like 5'8" at the MOST), our team has two or three very tall (6'2"ish) girls who can score very effectively, the other team weren't great ball-handlers, our PG's probably had a dozen strips, etc etc.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote