View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 11:29 AM   #12
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
You know, once you decide on something, you are completely unwilling to look objectively at facts. You simply have your position and you twist the facts to fit your opinion.

I've already admitted I gave Avery more blame than he deserved last year. But no one can deny that Avery would never, ever have done this while coaching the Mavs. Hell we got a reminder in print today that Avery was so much of a control freak that Holger felt he had to stay away.

Carlisle is very, very different than Avery. He's (so far) not getting better results, but that's more an enlightenment of the makeup of this roster than it is an indictment of Carlisle.
That's what I meant. Maybe I bashed Avery a little bit too much last year, granted. But IMO nobody can deny that Avery was a pure control freak and he would never let Kidd run the show almost on his own with just a few calls from the bench. I think, Kidd is such a player with an incredible court vision and you have to let him make the calls to use his full potential. Yes, he's on the decline due to his age and not as fast as he was in his prime, but he's still a very good point guard.

Carlisle is different than Avery. He accepts to let Kidd being Kidd without having so much control from the bench. That benefits the team. Okay, the results are (so far) not much better, but I'm curious how it will develop throughout the next months. If there is a trade as well before the deadline, it will be a really interesting second part of the season.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by Sportstudi; 02-01-2009 at 11:33 AM.