View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 01:06 PM   #13
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
I'm of the opinion that the teams biggest problem against good teams is defense, but still, that makes me a little excited to read that.
Very true, and Kidd getting burned consistently against any PG with some quickness is a good reason why.

Kidd is still a smart player, who once in a while will put out a play that only geniuses can, but after a year being with the Mavs, his numbers, the Mavs record, tell a clear story. Kidd is very faint shadow of what he used to be, and there is no reason to be apologists about that. The Mavs might not have been a contender with Harris this season, but they would have been better. I don't want to re-open the whole debate, but while it's pointless debating with people who only want to bash the FO for the trade, it's just as worthless to debate with people who are extreme apologists.

Kidd is what he is at this point, I have seen it for one whole year. He doesn't work as the team hoped he would. That's it. There is nothing that is going to change that. The Mavs have to look elsewhere from upgrades cause we ain't gettin 03 Kidd back anytime soon.