View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 02:32 PM   #23
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Aye, aye, aye

Just b/c Devin is quicker he'll put up a better fight but still not play any defense and get burned? How is that better than what Kidd does?

If we weren't going to win with Devin why should we have stuck with him? I'll say without hesitation that Devin is a better scoring and can get to the lane better, but that's about all I'll say with confidence that he does better than Kidd...maybe get hurt more frequently.

Passer, rebounder, defender, leader: all of it
Kidd > Devin
and that is why I love Jason Kidd here. If you cannot see the impact he does for this team than you are blind. .. 2nd in the league in steals as well? C'mon who really is a better all around defensive player on our team? Maybe George beats him on 1v1, Wright on the perimeter, but overall I see Kidd as the guy that forces the most stops for us and turnovers. Unlike many here... I did not expect Kidd to come here and shoot the lights out, I expected him to come in here and do what he does, and he has done that as much as he can in this system and with these players. With another run and gun guy or a good athletic big guy, and more control of the offense. That is when you see Kidd at his finest. He had something relative to that with the Nets. Hopefully, with Carlisle's further adjustment to Kidd, I see him continue to do great things for this team.. and by great things I mean make it easier for everyone else on this team like he has done over the past couple games. If Kidd scores 30 one night, he isnt doing his job in my eye. That will never be consistent and will only throw everyone else out of wack. Kidd needs to be Kidd and that's it.