View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 11:34 PM   #71
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

So if Avery is allowed to soul search and figure out Kidd can run the system...Carlisle isn't allowed to like he is doing now?

Maybe Carlisle did let Kidd go to start the year and we went what...2-7? That would make you wonder if the plan was working or not. There were natural growing pains that were going to happen and tinkering. There was that, a constant flux of the rotation (injury and tinkering), and getting used to the players, he wanted to put the imprint on things. All that change was occurring but it still needed to be done the way he saw fit. He needed to see what worked best for people and adapt from there. Now there is a pretty steady starting lineup, everyone might be getting comfortable, now it's time to let things loose. Everyone has a good idea of the plays and ideas, now Kidd can put his touch on it.

Avery said all kinds of great things in the Kidd arrival presser and how he is a QB on the court and that we needed it greatly. I'll never forget that and then the game vs the Spurs in SA where it was a crucial possession to end the game and Kidd wasn't even out on the floor. That probably set a major Kabosh on Avery right there. I know most of the regulars on here will remember that example.