View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 07:11 PM   #92
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Contrary to the Avery years, I actually think this team is predicated on playing good defense. What are we averaging, 100+? and that's with Josh Howard and Jerry Stackhouse out for a large portion of the season. During the Avery years, we had trouble adjusting on the offensive end because of elementary and primitive schemes. Although that problem has not completely vacated, we have one of the most creative point guards in the game who have done a fantastic job alleviating it. Our most glaring weakness, IMO, is at the defensive end... especially when we can't string a couple stops in a row because teams tend to score in BUNCHES against us and it continues to snowball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsufferingmavsfan
I just feel that we need another scorer and Green already proved that he can score, if we could just build him up a little bit I know in the playoffs Green could give us a spark. But its alright though if they decide to bury Green on the bench, just don't be suprised if he doesn't come back next season.

And on a seperate note this team is going to get killed in the playoffs. Sorry to ruin the party but its the truth. We only have TWO reliant scorers in Dirk and Jet, everybody else is either one dimensional or streaky.If you really think a starting lineup of Kidd, Wright, Howard, Dirk and Damp is going to do well in the playoffs wait till reality strikes in a few months. We should have traded Josh for Wallace or Butler when we had the chance but it seems there were only a few people aside from me that thought that kind of trade wouldn't be "lateral".
In a nutshell, I just don't buy that. We are doing more than fine scoring the ball... it's been our defense that has been inconsistent IMHO.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote