View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 02:25 AM   #95
hinzundkunz

hinzundkunz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
Sometimes I'm asking myself if the writers in the NBA even watch the game before writing a story about it. They wrote that Nelson was fouled by Dampier when he injured his shoulder -> Link. Here it's clearly visible that he stepped on the ball and thus he hit the ground -> Link. That was definitely not a foul (he didn't even touch him), although the refs called it. Well, we won, thus I don't care anymore about the call, but it's sometimes weird to read those stories.
Agree, and this one is even worse, as the guy attributes the foul to a collision.
Apparently he neither watched the game nor the highlights before writing the recap. I kind of like the headline, though.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....12f50b0d.html

Quote:

Dallas Mavericks whip up some Magic in Orlando, 105-95
Orlando point guard Jameer Nelson dislocated his right shoulder after a collision with Erick Dampier in the third quarter and left the game. There's a strong possibility the injury will force him to miss next week's All-Star Game. "I don't remember hitting [Dampier] and what he did, if he grabbed my arm or whatever," Nelson said. "I'm quite sure that he didn't do it intentionally to pop my shoulder out."
hinzundkunz is offline   Reply With Quote