View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 12:33 AM   #1
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute
Default Congrats Kidd, NBA 4th All-Time Assists Leader

Quote:
Move over, Big O
Eddie Sefko E-mail News tips

Jason Kidd just dished out his third assist of the night less than five minutes into first quarter.

That moved Kidd into fourth place on the NBA's all-time assist list, passing Oscar Robertson, who finished his career with 9,887 helpers.

At his current rate of 8.3 assists per game, Kidd would pass Magic Johnson (10,141) for third place before the season ends. Mark Jackson and John Stockton remain out of reash -- for now.
1. John Stockton - 15,806
2. Mark Jackson - 10,334
3. Earvin Magic Johnson - 10,141
4. Jason Kidd - 9,895

246 away from Magic...439 from Mark Jackson...

At this rate, it'll be about 29 more games to hit Magic's record and 53 games to break Jackson's.

What an amazing feat, and a great honor to see one of our own Mavs accomplish it.

We're witnessing history boys and girls...30 years from now I'm going to be watching some new guy in the NBA and say to my kid, "Son...Kids these days just don't pass the ball around like Jason Kidd did back in my day..."

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."

Last edited by ty; 02-05-2009 at 12:38 AM.
ty is offline   Reply With Quote