View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 04:33 PM   #94
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.philiveyrules.com/blog/ph...the-cardinals/

Phil Ivey goes with the Cardinals

As I expected, Phil Ivey bet on the Cardinals in the Super Bowl. However, it seems he didn’t do a one million dollar bet. He ended up making a couple of bets for at least $1.6 million. One on the Cardinals in the first half at +3.5 and another on the final, Cardinals +7.

In the final minutes of the first half, the Cardinals were down 10-7, but they’d just driven the length of the field to put themselves fingertips away from a touchdown, or at least in prime position for a field goal to tie it up.

Instead of getting the touchdown, or a field goal, Kurt Warner threw an end-zone pass that was intercepted by James Harrison and run back for a 100-yard touchdown return.

“The point is it was a 14-point coaching error, and it cost me about 800,” Ivey told Greenstein.

That would be $800,000. And you thought your “James Harrison cost me money” story was bad. The Cardinals ended up beating the spread at the end of the game and Ivey ended up a winner, or at the very least broke even. He was kind of vague.

“Broke even or won about 800 total - what’s the difference?” Ivey responded.

What’s the difference? I don’t know, about 89,186 poker chips with your face on them (including shipping). Or 26,675 Hockey jerseys with your name on them. You know, pocket change.