View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 02:09 AM   #14
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I would say it is a talent issue. No scoring big man, no consistent penetration, not many FTA's due to lack of slashers/players that can draw fouls, no great outside shooting. It is a flawed, incomplete roster.

I see the Lakers, Celtics, and cavs... and I think man, those teams have more talent than us... and the Lakers/Cavs have a better superstar.

I see the Celtics... rondo/pierce/allen can get into the lane and cause defenses to collapse leaving shooters open... beautiful ball movement, due to defenses collapsing. KG doesn't even have to work for his offense, his midrange jumpers are always WIDE frickin open. I never see our beloved Dirk get easy buckets like that, since our ball movement is less efficient.

Same with Kobe on the Fakers and Lebron on the Cavs.

This team just... at times, shows such an ugly brand of basketball. The offense is stagnant. We give it to Dirk, he dribbles dribbles, shoots a shot over a smaller defender. It can work sometimes, but it doesn't look pretty. I want some pretty basketball from our beloved Mavs.

When the jumpers are falling, when the transition game is in full effect, and when Kidd is able to get into the lane, it is indeed an aesthetically pleasing brand of basketball. Also, when 4-5 guys are clicking.

But nights like tonight, ugh, gives me a headache, breaks my heart.

Last edited by ghazi; 02-06-2009 at 02:09 AM.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote