View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 11:36 PM   #313
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
The bad thing about it though is teams will be doubling Dirk HARD for awhile forcing it out of his hand. Kidd, Howard better be ready to step up.
This is why I ultimately say "Lay off Dirk's jock."
He doesn't deserve an all-time pass but he deserves a major one more often than not.

I'm going to compare him to Kobe and LeBron b/c I think he makes as big of a difference as those two guys do. Last I checked, their s*$@ can stink too...
They'll have nasty stretches, 2 of 4 or 3 of 5 games where their shooting is ugly. The differences are they are swing players and they're going to attack a bit more. On top of that, they have much better weapons than Dirk does. There are a lot of times where he'll shoot in the 30% range, and result will likely lead to a loss. If Kobe or LeBron do that, they still get wins.

Dirk has to carry the load more often than not and when he struggles his supporting cast can't pick up the slack at times. He will carry this team over and over. Eventually, because he is human, he will have stretches where he shoots poorly. The thing about it is that he will always find a way to get out of it...always. Simple example with tonight. He started 1-9 tonight and look at where he finished up.

You gotta take the sometimes nasty bad with the epic and incredible good. Dirk is Dirk, live with it or get outta the way!

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 02-07-2009 at 11:37 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote