View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 04:55 AM   #48
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

I would actually prefer Kaman over Camby. Camby has been fantastic this season, but he turns 35 in March and won't be able to play at his current level for much longer. With Kaman, you get one of the five best centers in the league for years to come.

Apparently, Kaman "only" makes an average of $10.5 million a year until 2012. So he's not only young, his contract is also very reasonable. We were willing to pay Diop $32.4 million until 2013 or roughly $6.5 million per year for giving us 3 points and 5 rebounds per night, so a deal including Kaman would be a terrific development for us on that position.

I absolutely love Jason Kidd as a Mav and think that he's extremely underappreciated outside of Dallas simply due to his age, but the idea of a rejuvenated Baron Davis alongside Chris Kaman is too good to not realize it. Like Underdog mentioned, who wouldn't have done a Davis/Kaman for Harris deal 12 months ago?

I would even prefer a Davis/Kaman combo over Shaq/Barnes. By trading the last two for Howard and Stack, we would improve the 5 significantly until 2010, but we would also get less production on the SF position. I think, quality-wise, that a motivated Davis is closer to Kidd than Barnes is to Howard, so with Kaman and Davis we would benefit from the increased production on the center position without really giving up a lot on the other position. Plus, we wouldn't have to search for a new center when Shaq's contract is over in 2010.

A line-up of Kaman, Dirk, Josh, JET, and Davis could be fighting for a title, or at least come close to it, even beyond the 2010 season. In addition, contrary to the Shaq/Barnes deal, we would still have Stack's contract to use and could try to get something for Damp and his big $12 million contract next February as he will basically be a free agent after next season.

Still, I have no idea how likely any of these deals are.

Last edited by dalger; 02-08-2009 at 05:00 AM.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote