View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 07:19 PM   #56
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
You're making the mistake of discounting defense and intangibles. Jason Kidd is still flat out a better player than Davis.

And I know I've been harping on this a lot lately, but don't discount what losing Kidd does to Jet. You want to acquire Davis and play Jet alongside him for extended minutes? You're going to get destroyed defensively.

I would still probably do the trade if it were Davis and Camby, because Camby can make up for a lot of defensive shortcomings.

But I wouldn't do it for Davis and Kaman. That is one horrible defensive lineup.
I think the one good thing about davis is that he would still be able to play the big 2's like jkiddo does and leave jet with the 1's. I agree he's not nearly the defender that jkiddo is but I don't think jet would get over-exposed because of his size.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote