View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 01:57 AM   #88
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

You sacrifice taking a horrible contract to be a contender because, once again, we aren't winning a championship as constructed. So if Cuban doesn't do something to improve (and overall this trade would certainly be an improvement) then he might as well blow it up. Pick an extreme, because being mediocore is something Cuban has always said he doesn't want to be... wake up Cubes, thats what we are.

I would take Davis and his horrible contract and try for a title for 3-4 more years than waste Dirks prime and hold on to him (likely a little too long) before trading him for something of value. Josh, Kaman, and Davis are all in their 20's and Dirk will not break down the way many big men do in his mid 30's (he doesn't go into the post and get roughed up as often as many PF's, I'm thinking he'll be more healthy than the average but thats just me).
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote