View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 04:05 PM   #35
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
The idea is to "win now" - in two or three years, Dirk should have a ring... If that happens, who cares if Shaq retires?
So Shaq is going to just come to this team and give us a ring? Just like he did for the Suns I suppose?
Quote:
I think you're a LOT more likely to win a ring with Shaq than you are to see a HEALTHY Davis/Kaman (maybe one of them, but not both...)

Also - Kidd/Shaq >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Davis/Kaman
26 and 29 year old>>>>>>>Two 36 year olds

Quote:
Agreed - a trade definitely needs to be made, but let's not make a trade just for the sake of making a trade... Let's make a trade that puts us over the top (and Davis/Kaman STILL might not be enough to do that...)
I agree. Don't just make a trade to do it but trading Kidd for Baron and Kaman isn't just making a trade just to do it. I think that's probably the best deal your going to be able to receive. Especially within your own conference.

Quote:
I don't understand why you think it is a pipe dream to get a freeagent in 2010. DFW is one of the top 10 markets in the leauge, we have an owner that wants to win and will spend money, the player amenities are first class, and we have been one of the most consistently good franchises this decade.
The pipe dream isn't getting the free agents to come here(though I think its debatable with our past history with not even stars but just role players). The pipe dream is that Wade, Lebron and all of these other guys are really going to leave their respective teams. Trust me i've seen this before. The free agent class gets hyped up and teams clear cap space to try and obtain these guys and they fall flat on their face when all of the free agents resign with their respective teams. There's only one guy who's a star who has a possibility of leaving his team and that's Chris Bosh. And even then I could see him resigning back with the Raptors because they simply can offer him the most money.

Quote:
In reagrds ot Shaq being out of the league in 2 to 3 years, you are right but I would take 1 or 2 chamionships in the time frame. Plus when he comes off the books we have cap room. We trade away one good player and one on his way out. Howard is not a cornerstone of this franchise, a few years ago I thought he would replace Dirk as the #1 options but then he started getting in his own way, he has made his place in this league and it is a qoulity # 2 or #3 option.
I'm just curious to why guys think we're a Shaq away from winning a championship. Especially since the Suns can't even win with the guy. If we trade for Shaq I hope there's another one in the works for another player. And that's if the Suns even trade Shaq. They can't get any better personnel wise. I guess they can try to get younger but then they're trading Nash and Shaq. I'm with SMC. It makes no sense for the Suns to do it.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote