View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 06:48 PM   #88
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41 View Post
And I'm suggesting a player's health IS contingent on the quality of his team. I've seen too many examples in Toronto of Carter going down when the team is trailing by double digits to believe that players don't take extended periods off when they simply aren't motivated to play (you know, despite the ridiculous amounts of money they are paid to perform).

Sometimes players could just tough out an injury and there are plenty of examples of them doing so (Kobe's finger, Dirks ankle, etc.), but these players make a conscious choice to sit out because they feel they aren't playing for anything. Would a contender make them want to rush back into action a little faster? If it doesn't then I don't know what else will.
The notion that the quality of a player's team affects his health more than the other way around is laughable.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote