View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 10:29 PM   #107
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddh33 View Post
I really, really want Shaq.

I would hate to trade Josh to get him though. I don't know if that makes you good enough.
I CAN see why you wouldn't want to get rid of Josh. I just think over the wide scope of the past two years, we haven't seen enough of the good Josh over bad Josh.

Josh probably will be a FA in the summer of 2010, Shaq will be too. So the time issue really is the same...who would you want to have as a "rental" for a season and a half, Shaq or Josh? 10-12 million off the books, or 20 million off the books?

Shaq is playing very good basketball, and fills a major position of need we've had for a very long time. Hill or Barnes will be able to help fill the void of Josh.

I would say the margin greatly favors Dallas when you look at it this way:
Josh/Damp
Barnes (Hill)/Shaq...and Damp

You're really only trading Josh to get those two pieces because Stack COULD be a useful player but the biggest asset he brings for us is his contract.