View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 01:32 AM   #116
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I'm all 4 the Shaq deal for a # of reasons, financial flexibility being one. But I watched the Clips tonight and Baron is still almost impossible to stay in front of when he's going to the hoop(when healthy). And he can post up smaller guards. He also had 10 dimes in the 1st half alone. Yes his game has its rough edges. But he is still an extremely gifted player. Add to that Kaman or Camby to team w/ Damp, Dirk, Bass and we suddenly have the best frontcourt in the league. We don't give up J-ho(unless a good deal presents itself)and we still have Stack to land something now or this offseason... I think i agree w/ most everybody here in preferring the Shaq deal because we remain financially flexible and aren't getting back injury prone players. But the deal w/the Clips, along w/a couple of ancillary moves, gets us back among the elite too. We get 2 excellent players and keep our Stack chip for one other move. Not exactly a disaster...
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote