View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 12:33 PM   #34
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemablend View Post
This is what I was trying to say in the "I Can't Take Any More of Kidd" thread.

I really think you can win a Championsip with Kidd, but to do it you have to surround him with players who can score, since he himself cannot be counted on to score.

The Mavs center position is an offensive dead end, which means at best you're always playing 3 on 5 at the offensive end, and since Josh is useless in the fourth quarter it's 2 on 5 in the fourth.

Get Shaq in here and you get a guy who can do everything Damp can do defensively (and do it better) oh and who can actually score. Then it's not a big deal that Kidd can't score because he'll simply help the other four guys out there with him score. If you can keep Josh and get him, then you're playing 4 on 5. If you have to give up Josh, then at LEAST you're playing 3 on 5 in the fourth quarter, instead of the current 2 on 5. More importantly, you have an inside presence for the first time in Mavs history. You have two lights out shooters in Jet and Dirk, and you've got Shaq for Kidd to make spectacular passes to in the middle. I'd call that a pretty awesome four player group. Kidd dishing the crazy passes, making defensive plays, Dirk and Jet shooting lights out, spreading the floor, and making it easy for Shaq to score at will.

The Mavs need a center who can put the ball in the hoop on a consistent basis. Forget the stupid SG stuff. We have an SG who can score. We need a center.
I think there are several dead ins in the lineup. Especially in the 4th quarter. The Mavs can use any of the above. A slasher, a big man that can score and defend(there's like 4 or 5 of those in the league right and most of them are playing Sunday night) or another shooter. The latter is probably of the lesser needs and the big man that can score and defend is going to be impossible to obtain without giving up a player in return that will probably give us another hole to fill. I think the reason everyone brings up the 2 guard that can slash is because its easier to obtain. And it is of a need. This Mavs team has problems securing wins in the 4th quarter because their lineup consists of Dampier, Dirk, Josh, JET and Kidd. Two of those positions you can't even rely on to score. And should we add Josh to that mix since he's MIA in the 4th quarter? The OP calls it 4 on 5 ball but i'd go even further and say its more like 3 on 5 and maybe even 2 on 5 depending on if Josh is showing up in the 4th. Dirk and JET are strictly jumpshooters. They're not going to slash to the basket which this season hasn't been too bad because they've been money. The jumpshots will stop falling and when they do what will this Mavs team do to score?

Quote:
Who is the SG you're talking about that can score? Wright? or Green?
Pretty sure he's talking about JET.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote