View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 12:39 AM   #12
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Two things the Mavs need to watch the waiver wire for, a veteran pg with some size (unlikely), and a veteran 4/5 (with an emphasis on the 5). Mikki probably fits the bill as well as anyone who's likely to get cut loose, and I was in favor of trading for him before the deadline to shore up the frontcourt depth, so I absolutely think he'd be worth pursuing. If Boston makes him a priority he probably goes there, but as BG said, I'd expect Smith to be higher on their wish list, so the hope would be that they pass on him and then the Kidd connection and the fact that he'd obviously be a fit on the Dallas roster prove to be enough to beat out other suitors.