View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 01:29 PM   #44
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I don't understand this mantra of forcing first half minutes on Stack to get him into the swing of things. In November we were told Carlisle let Stack know that he was no longer a regular rotation player, and that was what led Stack to rest and fix his injury.

So now that he's back, we think so much of him that we're acting as if he's a no brainer member of the rotation, to the point that we force feed him minutes during games that aren't decided?

I don't get it.
If Stack really was dealing with an injury that he's basically over now, don't you think his pedigree is enough for him to get some minutes to see if he can get it going? I do, and I think he's been used pretty intelligently, as well. First half, spanning the first and second quarters when the 2nd units are on the floor and he's not going to have to guard a legit wing scorer on the other team. I won't argue he's playing well, because he isn't, but I don't mind him at least getting the chance.