View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 09:48 AM   #82
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

I think there is one thing most of agree on.. the Mavs FO has to "find the right deal" for Stack this summer.

Imo, the FO making no moves (to put talent around JKidd and Dirk) in summer '08 was strike one. The lack of activity before the trade deadline this season was strike two. The FO is now down to their last strike. Maybe they hit a home run (I'd settle for a double) this offseason. If they do, then most of their actions/inactions can be justified. If they don't then something is fundamentally wrong. Whether it be Donnie, the rest of the league not wanting to make a deal with Cuban, or the FO being content with a playoff contender but not a championship contender, regardless something is wrong. All I can say is that I'm glad Dirk has the patience of a saint.

jthig, I didn't hear that the Kings were asking for Bass in the Salmons deal. Where did you hear/read that scenario? I guess I must of have missed it.