View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 08:00 AM   #45
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
A) Have you seen his defense? He'd have to score 20+ PPG to justify putting him on the court...

B) I'm not giving up on the Mavs yet and I don't think they've given up on themselves either - that's why they're not playing Green...

C) I'm sure Carlisle has his reasons for not playing Green - we don't see what goes on in practices... And yeah, if we tried Green for a game and lost because of him and that one loss was the difference between 8th and 9th seed at the end of the season, it would be pretty awful...
A) I believe his defense is underrated. Wait, wait, wait. Don't immediately reply about how stupid I am and how Green can't play defense. I admit, he doesn't play that great of defense. No excuses. But you can hide bad defense. How do you think Jet is so successful? With Kidd starting as point guard, and another good defender in Wright starting at SG, I think you should always be able to match Green up with a non-scoring SG or SF. And if you can't, then you bench him for a few minutes until the other team subs someone that Green can guard. This way, its possible that Green only gets 10-15 minutes. That's okay by me.

And who's to say all these training sessions with Carlisle haven't improved his defense. Last time he got in for the final 3 minutes of a blowout, I remember him having both a block and a deflected pass.

B) The Mavs might as well give up if they don't have anybody that can score. If we aren't going to be playing Green, then we better hope Jet comes back really, really fast.

C) Didn't Green already win us a game? Not a buzzer beater, but he came into one game earlier in the season. It was the 4th quarter, Mavericks were allowing hte other team to make a run, nobody could score, all the energy sucked right out of them. Green comes in, goes 3/3 or something, knocks down a three and a jumper and dunks, and the Mavs go on to win it.

I remember everybody talking about how Green would be great as an energy guy after that game, who comes in when we look flat, and stuff like that.

Besides: If Carroll hasn't lost us a game, I doubt Green could. Even Barea hasn't lost us a game, however, he has won one. And he kept us in the Houston game a few days ago.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote