View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 10:00 AM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default What should the dirkster do about players crowding him?

I was talking about this the other day with a friend of mine. I expect I've elicited this conversation before also...but....I forget...

So we've again seen players just get right up into dirk this year. Right up in his grill and in fact they've been able to draw flopping offensive foul calls because of it. I never realized that you could not pivot in basketball or turn your body...but that's another story.

How to deal with it? I'm inclined to see him take some fines and elbow the crap out of those guys and be done with it. Of course that might/might not work. They could bring in a scrub, still do it and get dirk out of the game.

I don't see anyone doing that to duncan out on the wing for example. I do see it happen to kobe sometimes I seem to recall.

What shold dirks basketball move be in that case? Does he immediately just drive to the side and go around the guy...that sort of seems like what duncan does. He would have to just power it through since I don't think he's quick enough ala kobe to just go around them.

Thought I would get the boards thoughts on it.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 02-26-2009 at 10:40 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote