View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 12:49 PM   #150
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
it's funny that you don't understand the federal budget.

the fiscal year begins 10/1. the 2009 budget was submitted by bush, it's predicted to result in about a $1.3 trillion deficit. remember the tarp spending? george's.

what obama is setting as the goal is to reduce the deficit (the one he inherited btw) by one half this amount via the 3 budgets he will have submitted by the end of his current term.

so no, in answer to your post, if obama succeeds he will have reduced bush's deficit by one half, and he will have actually accomplished just what he set out to do.
You can't borrow more money, increase spending and reduce the deficit. It's not mathamatically possible.

To lower the deficit, you must first slow down or stop the spending...next you have to take what is coming in without borrowing and apply that to the deficit.

As long as your borrowing, your are NOT reducing deficit.

Perhaps you can manipulate the numbers to make it appear as though one specific debt is going down...but at the end of the day, you still owe more money.

Republicans had made great steps on this issue, until we were attacked on 9/11...this changed things and thus the War on Terrorist. Needless to say the focus has been directed on National Security and with the war, certain costs went up.

It's no secret that I believe National Security is and always should be National Defense...thus spending money on our military and other such National Defense issues is very crucial to ensuring that you and I continue to enjoy the freedoms we have in this nation.

I believe that the Bush administration wanted and needed funds to support the troops and that Democrats used this to get other spending tidbits passed...thus the two fed off of each other.

The difference is that I believe the Bush team did so to support the troops and thus the betterment of the American People...meanwhile, I Believe the Democrats spent what they wanted for their own selfish intent...using the wacked out deficit as icing on the cake to try and diminish the legacy of President Bush.

Today, under President Obama, I fear that the spending will not stop, but rather increase...all the while any cost cutting will be at the expense of our military and thus our National Security.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote