View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 08:21 PM   #93
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Define what a star is?

When fired up, he surely is. I know the motivational thing is an issue but when motivated, he is killer. Killer.

During the regular season, i would agree that he is just a very good player. During the playoffs though....he is all the star the Mavs would need. IMO.

Imagine Davis, Terry, Howard, Dirk, Kaman as our starting line-up. Looks like plenty of trade pieces as well, especially with Stack and Damp coming to a close soon (based on the trade just for Kidd of course)...but woulda, coulda, shoulda.

It is almost impossible to discuss the level of "championshipness" of that squad but if that doesn't make you salivate well then....I dunno. You only don't do that for two reasons: Denial about the Kidd trade or financial reasons. Both too, I guess.
His playoffs numbers are only very marginally better than his regular season numbers. Not sure why he's suddenly an all star in the playoffs.

Also, as I've mentioned before, when you lose Jason Kidd you lose a lot of what Jason Terry is bringing this season because he will get exposed a lot more defensively. Davis is big, but he can't defend like Kidd can.

And again, Chris Kaman hasn't played a game since November because of foot issues.

Your last point is obvious. Obviously the reason you don't do it is because of financial reasons. But there are different types of financial reasons. The Mavs didn't turn this down to save a buck. They turned it down because they want to maintain flexibility for future moves.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote