View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 09:12 PM   #136
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

I know we saved some cap room by doing this trade rather than keeping Henry and signing Kitna when Detroit cut him, (and they were going to cut him), but I still think this is a hard trade to swallow with Jones leaving also. What was once a great position of depth now needs some serious attention, especially if we cut or trade Roy. At the end of the day Henry wasn't that great of a player and was frequently injured but I still hate to swallow trades like this because I know we could have had Kitna or another similar QB without losing him.

Of course it is being mentioned that we could sign Springs, who would be a pretty large upgrade over Henry. If that was only possible due to the savings that we got from trading Henry plus Kitna's restructuring of his contract to save some more, then the trade becomes a great one.

Ultimately we have a fairly decent backup QB that could help Tony get in sync with Roy and maybe even spark a fire under Romo. He is a good character guy that might help with the leadership abilities.

In regards to Brooking, man, I don't think that he is an upgrade over Thomas so I am not sure what this does for us. I would rather we sign Burnett but maybe this is all we could afford and Burnett and Canty are just going to have to be cap casualties. He had a fairly good year last year but he is admittedly no longer the player he used to be.

Strange decisions to say the least, but if Springs comes it would make it a fairly good swap of talent. I would have rathered get Lewis but maybe that would have just added more fireworks to a burning building.

I know we need to make some REALLY good decisions in the draft now. I know that for a FACT. If Canty leaves we better draft one helluva DE or a DT and move Ratliff over. Maybe they sign one as well. I also hope that Brooking doesn't make this team think they can bypass drafting a linebacker fairly soon in the draft, ESPECIALLY if Burnett leaves. Carpenter is NOT the solution. I wish he were, but he isn't, (feel free to make me eat my words Bobby - but I am fairly positive from what I have seen from you that this just isn't going to happen).

I have also heard that there are trade talks about Greg Ellis so this team's line could drastically change from what we saw last year.

Normally we have a lot of talk and little action just because everyone references us being America's Team and all, but we shall see in the coming months!!!

Go Cowboys!