View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 11:09 PM   #297
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
As for Orlando, that was a blowout. Orlando made it seem closer than it was at the end by repeatedly running at the hoop and getting bailed out with lame calls. The Mavs were up 15-17 in the 4th quarter. That's a road blowout, as far as I'm concerned.

Now, if you're exclusively talking about people who predict 30+ point victories, I probably agree with you, simply because the Mavs never win by that much. But for me, 15+ is a blowout.
You are arguing just to argue. The Mavs did not blow them out. The final score was not an indication of the game. If Dirk had to play most of the 4th, and hit difficult shots for them to win, the game was in jeopardy and hence, not a blow out.

Quote:
If you're arguing that Detroit is somehow in worse shape than OKC without Durant and Green, then you're just being nonsensical. If they blew out Detroit, who is a much better team than OKC, there's no reason to say that it's "hilarious" to predict that they'd blow out OKC. You may have disagreed with that assessment, but it's certainly not hilarious.
The Mavs have intensity issues. They perceive Detroit to be better so they play harder. They perceive Oklahoma to be inferior so they go through the motions.

It really is as simple as that. And it isn't that Detroit is in worse shape. It is that the Mavs don't crush inferior opponents on the road. Most Mav fans know that. Yet they still predict huge victories. To me that is hilarious. And if you don't find it funny, then that's fine. Like I said earlier, you are just arguing to just argue

That is why the Mavs needed a trade. They have talent issues. And they aren't good enough to sleepwalk through games, even though they do repeatedly.

Last edited by Bayliss; 03-02-2009 at 11:10 PM.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote