View Single Post
Old 10-27-2002, 07:24 PM   #17
Dirks Cuzin

Dirks Cuzin is on a distinguished road

I agree with reeds, if u go back to my remark in the Seahawks thread, Emmit played longer than all of them, Walter Payton had the worst teams imaginable, just imagine Walter Payton with our line, if u think Emmit is good, he might not be as good now, but he isnt as bad as it looks, its alllll the o-line. Emmit, he had the best o-line from 94-96, no doubt, he is NOT the best rb ever. Walter, he had the worst o-lines ever, he played LESS time, he got just as many yards, hes leading Emmit in many categories, Emmit is leading in TDs because Walter and Barrys offenses couldnt get far enough with their passing game to score a TD. Barry, in my opinion, the best rb is this man, he is the most explosive, fun to watch, and best, because he had a pretty bad team and o-line, he got almost to Walter, he retired way way too early, everyone knows he could have shattered that record by now. and another thing Emmit had,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,this is probably the biggest part of his success.

THE MOOSE, the best fullback blocker to play the game, he was in front of him every time. That is my point. Jim Brown is too better than Emmit, the most amazing fact and easily more important then the all time rushing record is yards per carry. All the other stats dont really matter. YARDS PER CARRY, that is the ranking of it all. No doubt, Jim averaged 5.2, THATS A FIRST DOWN EVERY 2 DOWNS. Not saying Emmit is bad, but we live in Dallas and we need to act like we live in Hawaii where there is no team and we arent biased,