View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 04:37 PM   #169
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
And you somehow believe that this money will be spent before this year is out. What is the stimulus again?

Sure they will yield benefits and a huge tax burden down the road. Again if he wants to double, triple, whatever road spending fine...but don't do it in the name of a "stimulus" that won't do anything for probably a year.

I could get plenty of benefits from borrowing twice my current paycheck...until I have to pay it back.

It's a spending plan that's tailor made to democrats...that's all it is..The only jobs it appears to save are guvment jobs which are probably too bloated now.
no, the monies will not be spent before this year is out, and that is not what anyone has said will happen.

why is it imperative that the money be spent before this year is out? will our economy next year be recovered so much that it won't need any help? I doubt it.

the monies are beginning to flow, and there will be benefits this year. and in years to come.

there is no illusion that these monies won't have to be paid back, and nobody is denying that it is going to cost us in the future.

these aren't "guvment" (why you can't write government is beyond me...) jobs, these are jobs for engineers who design the roads, and private contractors who bid to build the roads, and workers who are out there working for the contractors...private cos who manufacture the equipment to build the roads, and workers who are at the batch plants making the concrete, and restaurant workers who will prepare the lunches for many of the workers eat when they are constructing the roads....

some of them are dems, and some of them are republicans. trying to make this out a a partisan program is just wrong.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote