View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 10:38 AM   #32
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple T's View Post
YOU DONT TRADE A PLAYER OF DIRKS CALIBER because you will never get a solid return on it.
No, you won't get equal return on it. But, if you believe that there is virtually no chance of building a championship roster around him within the next 2 season or so and that it's time to start over, then yes, trade him. And frankly I can see Dirk opting out. I'd rather get something for him while we still can.

Quote:
So, the team isnt what we expected, big deal!
Uh, you mean that the team isn't winning? Yeah, that is kind of a big deal.

Quote:
The common misconception here is that WE know better than the people running the organization, when its clear that we as FANS aren't privy to certain pieces of information
Well they did do that idiotic trade last year, so..... YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was stupid. I knew it was stupid. Anyone who would actually go through with that trade is incompetent to manage a major sports franchise.

Quote:
This isn't a team of ill fitting parts.
Yes it is.

Quote:
We may not have as much talent, but chemistry has never really been an issue on this team nor in prior years. Financially, the team would bomb. And you say that assuming we can rebuild in a decade or two? See Phx ... and the trades they've made. Its proof that you can deal and still lose. Or you can stand pat and win. Observe how that team did a 360 from the beginning of last season. lol So what did anyone learn from all of that? That's why that statement is retarded.
Stand pat and win.... what? What are we going to win?

Quote:
Mark will never win out with you guys because, its a lose lose situation.
Are you speaking to me specifically, or the whole board? Because if you're putting me in the same category as everyone else, I resent that.

I was maybe Cuban's biggest supporter until the Kidd trade. I don't know what you're referring to now, but THAT was definitely not a "lose lose situation." It was a win lose situation; New Jersey won, we lost.

Edit: In fact, I'd be singing an ENTIRELY different tune if not for that stupid trade. If that hadn't happened, I'd say we could still have a shot at a title. We might only be one or two small pieces away. Now? Forget it.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 03-10-2009 at 11:16 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote