View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 08:01 PM   #9
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
I don't call a twisting, spinning, fading away over the top of someone shot that same as a free throw. Not really even all that close.

Again, as I said, if that shot isn't falling (and some nights it won't) there isn't a need to double and thus, Jet and Kidd won't be open.
As long as the other team doesn't double team Dirk and covers him with a shorter player, Dirk can hit a high enough percentage of those shots to make the offense effective--one of the few players in the NBA, maybe the only player in the NBA, who is both. tall enough and shoots well enough to do so. I think if Dirk keeps shooting that it will be a very rare night where the shot doesn't start falling sooner or later.

If Dirk is double-teamed or covered by a larger player (say 6'9" or taller), then you need a different strategy
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote