View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 02:07 AM   #6
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Be specific. What is "doom and gloom?" That this team isn't very good? That we're not contenders? That we probably won't get out of the first round? Those things are still true. A win against Portland doesn't change that.
I don't know how you can say this team "isn't very good." They're in the thick of the West playoff race, less than a game or two behind some teams that are undoubtedly good.

Regardless, no, I'm not referring to folks who say things like, "We aren't a contender." That's fine, whatever. And I didn't say anything about a win over Portland changing anything. I just noted that the Mavs are on pace to win over 50 games; that's a good team. Not an excellent team--not a Lakers, not a Celtics--but a good team. And recognition that the Mavs are a good team is very incongruent with the general attitude that permeates this walls after a tough loss.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 03-12-2009 at 02:09 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote