View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 08:47 AM   #24
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

If the Wizards are that concerned with money, they're not just going to accept $3MM for their pick and be done with it--they will want additional savings. This is something the Mavs can provide, with the instant savings of Stackhouse. Mavs could take back one or two guys whose contracts run another year or two who have little to no value to the Wizards (Etan Thomas?). So the Wiz save the $5MM or so they'd have to pay a top 3 pick, another $5MM from the swap of Stackhouse for some of their junk, plus $3MM cash. I don't think any other team can offer such an instant savings. We could even throw in our 1st this year if they want to draft a lower-cost player, though I doubt they'd even want it.

I would love to have a top 5 draft pick.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote