View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 11:50 AM   #84
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
The problem that I keep stressing about that is that the guys will eventually get gassed and have nothing left. It's all about the short term or slightly longer for me. Josh is a Maverick as of now, I'm pretty hopeful he won't be in the offseason going into next season. So just let him heal up and come back fully healthy and bring some more energy b/c Dirk and Terry will eventually run out of steam.
Absolutely. Saying "We don't need Josh!" could also be interpreted as "We don't need Josh that much!" One of this season's more interesting realizations is that the Mavs apparently don't need Josh as much as they need Dirk, JET, and Kidd. I'm not sure that this was crystal clear 12 months ago. He's somewhat replaceable which makes the upcoming offseason even more intriguing.

With that being said, we can't afford to miss Josh for a considerable amount of time come playoff time this season. Even though the team seems to have a better chemistry without him at times, he's still a guy who can constantly score and thus help Dirk and JET on offense. Having three scorers is much better than having two scorers and makes life easier for all three of them in the long run.

Last edited by dalger; 03-12-2009 at 12:02 PM.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote