View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 10:05 PM   #1814
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Isn't it a little unfair to note that the Spurs gained Mason and Hill without noting that the Mavs gained J-Kidd (and Bass, for that matter)?
Maybe. I just remember Harris shredding the Spurs defense and getting to the basket any time he wanted. Kidd doesn't provide that though his improved outside shot could make up for it. Kidd also doesn't come anywhere close to guarding Parker like Harris did.

Damp still plays Duncan as well as anyone. Diop also made things difficult for him but I don't see the same results from Bass.

No idea yet what Gooden will provide but if it's anything like his short stint against the Lakers did then that's another solid addition.

A lot will depend on the health of Ginobli and Howard.

The Mavs quite possibly could be without Stackhouse as well.

I can't even remember the rosters clearly. Did the Spurs have Thomas or Bonner? I just remember Elson and a declining Horry.

Last edited by MavsFanFinley; 03-13-2009 at 10:35 PM.
MavsFanFinley is offline   Reply With Quote