View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 04:06 PM   #230
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

They've certainly chosen to really try to make the end of the series character driven, which I respect. But at some point I need to know that the plot of this thing is going to get settled, and I don't think it will at this point, honestly.

It's hard to look at that episode last night and say anything...it is quite clearly hour 1 of a 3 hour finale. I can't judge it yet.

It's weird that they've decided to start a LOST-esque story telling style right now. The mysterious meeting of Adama/Kara and Hybrid-Sam must have produced some kind of really good reason to go on a suicide mission. Why keep us out of the loop now? The plot advanced without the audience knowing, presumably so that they can go back a little later and fill us in.

So the dots she's drawing...maybe they...point the way to a nice place to live?

Are they going to settle down?

Will Cavil be destroyed?

Will the Cylons be destroyed? or will the war go on? Or will peace be had by all?

I am fearing some sort of abstract, "you make up your own ending" BS at this point. 84 minutes of show doesn't seem enough to satiate me. I want plot advancement, not lamenting the ship and exposition on characters feelings.

I thought this show was about humans trying to defeat the Cylons and find a new place to live? At some point the greatest of stories boil down to a simple objective. Throw ring in fire. Kill Voldemort. Destroy the sith/empire.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 03-14-2009 at 04:08 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote