Thread: Music Buffs
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 12:56 PM   #11
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Alby just a few tidbits on some of the songs currently on your jukebox.

96 Tears by ? and the Mysterians. Was originally supposed to be 69 Tears, but could not get by the censors, so the title was changed to 96 Tears. Boy have times changed.

Itchycoo Park by The Small Faces. This songs was banned by the BBC in 1967 because of its drug references. The band went to the BBC and told them that it was a piece of waste ground in the East End that the band had played on as kids, the BBC lifted its ban.

Voodoo Child (Slight Return) by Jimi Hendrix. When I saw Hendrix you will never never guess who was on the same bill with him, ENGELBERT HUMPERDINCK!!!!!!!! Only in the 60's.

Waterloo Sunset by the Kinks. This song was about a solitary man on the south bank of the Thames watching (or imagining) the romantic encounters of a couple at Waterloo Underground. My roomate had a brother named Terry and his girlfriend was Julie, thus one of my favorite Kink songs.

Summertime Blues by The Who. I got to see The Who several times and I will say for sure that they were the loudest band I have ever heard live. The only group that I have seen that was even close was Matallica.

Paint it Black by the Rolling Stones: When I saw the Stones they were opened for by a group call the Spencer Davis Group. I think that group did more to set my music preference than any other. The group featured a (I think) 17 year old Steve Windwood.

Just thought you might find this interesting.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote