View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 08:06 PM   #15
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Well Gordon Brown and the brits are officially on board. TheOne not only gives him a lame set of DVDs...but they won't even work in his player. Amateur hour.

Quote:
During the diplomatic kerfuffle over the President's gift to the British Prime Minister of a discount pack of The 25 Greatest Movies You've Already Seen A Zillion Times, I was happy to string along with the jokes that the US-format DVDs wouldn't work on UK machines. Yet, at the back of my mind, I didn't quite believe that even the Obamateur Hour crowd at the White House could be that clueless. Now it's official:

Quote:
While not exactly a film buff, Gordon Brown was touched when Barack Obama gave him a set of 25 classic American movies – including Psycho, starring Anthony Perkins - on his recent visit to Washington.

Alas, when the PM settled down to begin watching them the other night, he found there was a problem.

The films only worked in DVD players made in North America and the words "wrong region" came up on his screen...
Ah, well. The White House spokesman is said to have "sniggered" upon hearing the news.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote