View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 12:05 PM   #107
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Don't be a smartass. How about this; I'd rather they not suffer through another first round ass-kicking. I don't have it in me not to watch the Mavs; even when I know they have no chance.
I'm not being a smartass. I'm telling you: I hope you're around, but if you aren't comfortable with the significant possibility of watching them lose, then don't watch. Don't sit there and hope that they don't make it because you don't want to deal with the disappointment.

Quote:
Is there? Frankly I don't see much of one.
Yes, there is. Ask any athlete--well, any athlete who actually cares about his team--whether he'd rather be in the postseason and get killed in the first game, or not be there at all. Go ask the members of the 15 and 16 seeds in the NCAA Tourney whether they would have preferred a spot in the NIT, where they might have had a chance of advancing a few rounds, versus getting decimated by UNC, UConn, et al in the first round. It's an easy choice every time.

There's a reason the NBA gives out lottery picks to the teams that aren't in the playoffs. It's a device to try and create parity in the league over time, and it's meant to give the organization and the fans some sort of excitement because they didn't get to enjoy the excitement of the playoffs.. A lottery pick is a consolation prize, not a goal.

Until the NBA starts giving out lottery picks to teams that get swept in the first round, your argument that there's not much difference has no support in the way the system is actually run.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 03-21-2009 at 12:11 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote