View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 07:44 AM   #126
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Gosh what an adoring fan. Is he going to sign it, is he demagoguing(sp) these bonuses everywhere he speaks.

Is there nothing that he's responsible for? Will he not be responsible for any bill that he signs?

Now we are going to divorce obama from his own party so that he can be absolved blame.
it is interestng to see that you fail to respond to the simple quesion- is the president responsible for every item congress puts into the bills that the president signs.

your sidestepping the question is due to the answer- no, the president doesn't "own" (as you put it) items that he didn't promote or ask for.

so no, obama doesn't get the "blame" for these punitive taxes on the bonuses paid to tarp recipients.

as for if it is demogaugery, don't see that he crossed the line. if he did promote the tax in his speeches I'd agree it was, yet all he spoke to was the audacity of aig paying bomuses to employees with the monies that were given to keep them solvent.

I've got no problem with bonuses, but to pay bonuses to executives who made such poor decisions that the compnay almost was destroyed seems to not provide accountibility.

and I do not want 90% taxes retroactively applied to that compensation.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote