View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 10:54 AM   #37
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
No...I never said it was "totally" Obama's fault, but he is the leader of the democrat party. But that he owns it because he signed it..buck stops here and all that. Congress owns this monstrosity also.

As with dubya...he allowed the Barney Frank and Chris Dodd to reduce capital requirements for home loans and he signed it. It's on him just as much. Only difference is that I know how he felt about it because he tried to not do it, but still his name is on it at the end of the day...he's done a lot of stupid financial stuff.

Obama...is right there with 'em. I haven't seen any type of leadership by him on this, he just wants to spend the money as fast as possible (get it over with) so he can spend more money on his other pet projects.

Republicans/democrats aren't blameless...but if theOne hadn't been pushing this as an emergency "stimulus" bill possibly they might have read it. The republicans were trying to improve it, but couldn't (unpatriotic you know) and they got beat. It happens.
so it's a pick and choose from your viewpoint....

look, you have to read their words. if you want to lay all the onus on obama for the stimulus bill, fine, he did push for its passing.

the tarp bonus tax bill? he didn't ask for it, he didn't endorse it, and we'll see if he signs it and what he says about the bill once it (if actually) reaches his desk. it's not his to own.

the president is not held responsible for all that congress does. many times the president signs a bill for its intended focus in spite of the riders that are in it.

that is the case for the mexican truck issue. obama did not ask for it, did not endorse the action, and has asked for the funding to be restored.

criticism is fine, criticism is healthy, yet criticism should be honest and accurate.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote