View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 10:58 PM   #30
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Maybe I just haven't paid enough attention to him, but he looks pretty much the same to me. He is definitely not starting material, and never will be. Don't hold your breath for him to improve his 3pt shot. He's 25 and has been in the league 4 years already. By that point guys pretty much are what they are.

Edit: Ghazi, just out of curiosity, when was the last time the Mavs beat a team that they weren't "supposed" to beat?
I feel confident in saying I've paid enough attention in Wright to notice differences. Last year when he got a bump and got more playing time he was a breath of fresh air. He was attacking with consistency, showed a nice ability to create for other players and he tried his best on defense. The problem was he didn't seem to look that confident taking jumpers. He had to be wide open to take them.

Now he's getting more comfortable, even taking catch and shoot jumpers. The problem is the range isn't fully there yet. 18-20 feet might be the breaking point right now. I feel pretty good about him inside of that range. He's getting a little better at the corner 3s, but on the wings and dead on is a problem. The thing is he is showing confidence a lot more now. Also, he's STILL holding his own on defense...and bringing productivity on offense, that's rare air you're talking about.

It might be 4 years, but I take him at a discount because maybe 2 years ago is when he really got some time to grow and develop into where he is now. There is still room for him to climb. The concern I have is J-Ho'itis. Wright can drive and finish, I just don't need him falling in love with the jumper. Get above respectable, and have the shot fake ready to create more room to drive.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 03-25-2009 at 11:00 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote