View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 02:55 PM   #31
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
My concern is with people in general getting all worked up with anger towards Officer Powell...and then being foolish around other officers.

We must be real careful not to pin this on ALL officers...

heck, think through this message board...do negative actions of any individual poster reflect the views of all the posters on this board?

Pinning this on the Police = to being prejudiced for or against any specific race. Let's do our best to NOT go down this path.

I can hope that we can all judge this incident on its own and act accordingly.

I tend to be defensive towards the police, while critical towards individual officers who cross the line. Again, these guys perform a challenging task and they never know how a traffic stop will go...

This incident reflects poorly on this individual officer.

Let me ask, when we see some crime reporting on the news, do we blame whatever association that the criminal has, or do we blame that individual criminal?
There are police like this in every single city in america. This isn't something new or rare. What about the cops who left a 92 year old grandmother riddled with bullets in Atlanta? What about Sean Bell? This is nothing new. This is actually rather minor compared to the above incidents. The public has been fighting this battle with police officers for years now and its getting worse by the day. It seems as if you feel this is some rare occurrence. Its not. I'm not shocked by it one bit. It doesn't mean I don't sympthasize with Moats however. You have to feel terrible for him and his family.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote