View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 10:57 PM   #19
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok...Woot's bit is it sells one item a day. The item goes up at midnight and it goes until it sells out or until midnight the next day. Shipping for everything is five dollars.

Once every six weeks or so, they have a woot off. You can tell because there will be yellow flashign lights and a yellow progress bar on the screen. During a woot off, when one item ends, another starts. They usually run for about 40 hours or so. During woot offs they tend to sprinkle in wacky toys along with more typical items that you would see on a daily woot.

The biggest draw of the wootoff is a "Bag of Crap". For three bucks you get a bag of some sort (think camera bag) and three craps (three random items from their warehouse). Sometimes you get pretty nice stuff (I got a coffee maker that I sold on ebay for 50 bucks), sometimes you get incredibly weird stuff (buddy of mine got chinese spidermans with only the front painted, you really have to see them for the full effect) and sometimes you get absolute trash. Their "Bags of Crap" are so popular that every time they go up for sell the Woot servers crash for a short period of time.

There's Woot in a few paragraphs.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote