View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 04:12 PM   #52
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

reading the transcript of what the police officer said and what moats responded, it is not clear that the police officer was acting out of racism.

it is clear that the policeman was acting out of power intoxication, a severe case of the stupids, and complete indifference to the moat's situation.

the apology issue by powell is a step in his recovery from these maladies, which if not changed should preclude him from continuing as a policeman:
Quote:
"I wish to publicly and sincerely apologize to the Moats family, my colleagues in the Dallas Police Department, and to all those who have been rightfully angered by my actions on March 18, 2009. After stopping Mr. Moats' vehicle, I showed poor judgment and insensitivity to Mr. Moats and his family by my words and actions. With great remorse I accept my responsibility for adding to their grief in an already difficult time.

"I have attempted to reach Mr. Moats to express my personal condolences directly to his family and my regret about my actions. While these efforts have been unsuccessful so far, I hope we can talk soon.

"Again, I am very sorry for what I did and ask for the forgiveness of all those touched by these unfortunate events."
a current of racism exists in many agents of law enforcement in our country. to complain "the racist attitude is from those who hate the "Blue"" ignores that reality. the phrase "driving while black" is not the figment of one's imagination. it is real.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote