View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 05:37 AM   #1
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ryan Hollins appreciation thread

I really like what this guy brings!
+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
High-flying Ryan Hollins keeps rising to the challenge
Tim MacMahon - DMN
http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archi...rising-to.html

The flashes of brilliance from Ryan Hollins are a lot of fun to watch. And they're coming a lot more often lately.

The 7-footer who cleared his height in the high jump during his UCLA days has had three games worth buzzing about this month. That's major progress for a backup big man who routinely racked up DNP-CDs or got garbage-time scraps during his first month and a half as a Mav.

Hollins gave the Mavs a huge spark in their crucial win over the Suns on March 10, making Shaq huff and puff while getting six points and four rebounds in 14 minutes. He responded to his first start for the Mavs with a 13-point, seven-rebound performance in a loss last week to the Hawks in which he was the lone bright spot.

And he had his best performance yet during last night's loss to the Nuggets -- nine points (highlighted by three crowd-energizing jams), eight rebounds and four blocks.

"He's 7 feet tall and has a 40-inch vertical," Dirk said. "It's hard not to play him."

Hollins, player development coach Popeye Jones' 24-year-old project, knows his role: rebound, protect the rim, run the floor and finish. Or, to sum it up in two words, provide energy.

"If I'm not playing hard, something's wrong," Hollins said. "I'm going to give you everything I got. Since I was taught to play basketball, I only knew one speed."

If Hollins keeps it up, he'll probably run his way right into a decent contract this summer.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote