View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 10:43 PM   #2040
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley View Post
I agree if the team is down by 8 or more points and there is only 20 seconds on the clock or so. But the Spurs were only down 1 with 17.9 seconds left. They trapped West near the halfcourt line but he was able to call a timeout. I think it was 14.3 seconds at that point. They "fouled" Paul with around 11-12 seconds but the refs didn't call it. He makes both and the Spurs have plenty of time for a 3 pointer. Possbily a quick two and foul again situation.

Instead they get a Ginobli foul while Paul is shooting a 3 with 7.1 seconds left. It happens a lot but not cool for a ref to decide a game like that.

Again, give credit to the Hornets for coming out with energy the Spurs didn't match.
Yeah I saw the game. Actually they fouled Paul twice before the one that was called. First Parker held Pauls jersey, then he bumped him a little with the elbow, and then came the shooting foul they called.

I was more generally speaking. I don´t like that you can do it as a tactic. Of course it was totally legitimate in this game, as it basicly is in every game as long as you can do it. I just don´t like that there even is the possibility.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote