View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 01:09 PM   #99
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
Please explain how it goes down differently? I personally don't believe this to be the case.

We all agree, officer Powell made a bad decision in how he handled the situatioin...on the front end, I have no problem.

Think about it, you as an officer make a stop...people are jumping out of the car and your first instinct as an officer is to prepare for the worst, be defensive.

Now, within moments you should be able to assess, I am at an emergency room entrance and the passengers are making a life/death call...
It would have gone down differently because as soon as he "assessed" the situation, he would have let a white driver go see his dying mother-in-law (even if he still wrote him a ticket afterwards).

Now, I'm not saying the guy purposefully or consciously thought to himself, "Because this man is black, I'm going to make his life hell," but you are absolutely, certifiably, 100% wrong if you think the fact that it was a young black guy giving the cop attitude didn't play a part.

To your other points about purportedly "irresponsible" journalism, that has nothing to do with anything I'm saying. I read about this story in a place that didn't mention the race of either person. I just happened to know that Ryan Moats is black because I saw him play in college. Knowing that he was black, my first reaction -- again, without ANYTHING in the story indicating race -- was that, if this was a white cop, race certainly played a part. It's common sense.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 04-01-2009 at 01:12 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote