View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 03:30 PM   #18
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Unfortunately cops get away with this kind of behavior all the time - this story wouldn't be news-worthy if it hadn't happened to a pro athlete...

Also, "to serve & protect" technically only applies to the State, not the People...

I agree. You can't help but wonder how much of the DISD's public response hasn't been influenced by the public relations issue.

One thing that bothers me about this, that I haven't seen mentioned, is that Powell is doing this in front of his own camera. I think he at least believes he's not acting out of the ordinary. I'm just assuming that he's aware that is own camera is rolling.

Its hard to say how common this type of situation is, but the guy certainly was comfortable carrying out his power trip in front of the camera.

Also, anyone who thinks that the absence of a certain racial expletive means that there is obviously no racially motivated behavior - is a moron.

I know you can't definitely say one way or other, with such limited information - but to dismiss it altogether as if its not a possibility is totally naive.

But hey, I'm reminded everyday that the world is full of stupid people.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 04-01-2009 at 03:48 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote